Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!!

Today is Maya's birthday. One year ago today, the best thing in the world happened. A little girl came into my life, turned it upside down, and now makes my heart skip everytime she sticks her toes in my face for me to tickle. I fall to pieces when I see her up in the window pounding on the glass, smiling, and waving at me when I come home from work. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.
Here are a few pictures from her party in Ames. Grandma Jo, Auntie B and Uncle Jason, Uncle Jered, Aunt Shauna and cousin Max, Grandpa Greg, Cousin Nika, Great Grandpa Roy, The Pregitzer's, and other friends all stopped by to watch Maya try cakie for the first time.
She just wanted to eat her apple and was not interested in eating cakie.
This is as interested in cakie as she got.

Later she played in the pool for the first time! She loved it, and she loved having Max and Nika (and Lucy) there to enjoy the water with. She also loooovvveeddd Grandma Jo's kitties Pete and Poirot. She loves them kitties.
It was a great weekend, she played really hard and slept really hard!

Now, she misses her Grammy. I showed her pictures and she snuggled up to me and smiled.

Happy Birthday punkin'!! We love you!!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I LOVE your blog....you do such a nice job! Maya is absolutely precious and her birthday blog nearly brought tears to my eyes! Also, congrats on the new "auntie to be" status!

clare said...

Thanks Molly! Congrats on being a mommy!!